Sunday, October 9, 2011

Bella and Rosie

My Reading Recovery students love Bella and Rosie books.  Bella and Rosie are the pets of Michele Dufresne, author of the Bella and Rosie series.  Two years ago we added Bella and Rosie book sets to our Literacy Library.  The students love these stories!  They make a real connection with these dogs.  The website I am including has three free printable Bella and Rosie books.  They are levels F/9, G/11 and I/16.  You will also find free Valentine cards and calendars. 
http://www.pioneervalleybooks.com/bella-rosie
My Reading Recovery students also enjoy the Gilbert the Pig and Jasper the Cat books.  These books and many others can be found at the Pioneer Valley Books website.

I also enjoy using the Bookbuilder software.  It allows me to personalize stories for my students.  They love to read their names and the names of their family and friends in the books.  I frequently use these books at the beginning of my students' lesson series.  The students do not have many known words.  The low level stories have simple patterned texts that are perfect for beginning readers.  After the students have read the books to me a couple times I let them take the books home to keep so they can start to build or add to their own library.  I also print extra books for the students to read over long breaks.  http://www.pioneervalleybooks.com/software-bookbuilder.html

No comments:

Post a Comment